Article found at teamusa.org
The U.S. has named its 21-player preliminary roster for the 2017 FIVB World Grand Prix, the premier annual international women’s volleyball tournament. The four setters selected to the preliminary roster are Lauren Carlini (Aurora, Illinois), Lexi Dannemiller (West Chester, Ohio), Micha Hancock (Edmond, Oklahoma) and Carli Lloyd (Bonsall, California). The three opposites named to the roster are Annie Drews (Elkhart, Indiana), Liz McMahon (Liberty Township, Ohio) and Kelly Murphy (Wilmington, Illinois). The three liberos tabbed to the preliminary roster are Amanda Benson (Litchfield Park, Arizona), Kristen Hahn (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) and Justine Wong-Orantes (Cypress, California).
The six middles selected to the roster are Tori Dixon (Burnsville, Minnesota), Lauren Gibbemeyer (St. Paul, Minnesota), Molly McCage (Spring, Texas), Amber Rolfzen (Papillion, Nebraska), Hannah Tapp (Stewartville, Minnesota) and Paige Tapp (Stewartville, Minnesota). The five outside hitters chosen for the squad are Michelle Bartsch (Maryville, Illinois), Megan Courtney (Dayton, Ohio), Madi Kingdon (Phoenix, Arizona), Sonja Newcombe (Lake Arrowhead, California) and Sarah Wilhite (Eden Prairie, Minnesota).
Keep it the good work Lexi & Liz! #WestPride #USA
Lexi Dannemiller Bio
Lakota West (2011) … High Honor Roll … Member of student government … Four-year varsity letterwinner … Under Armour All-American (2010) … Greater Miami Conference Player of the Year (2010) and Co-Player of the Year (2009) … Two-time All-Ohio first team (2009, 2010) … Three-time All-Conference honoree (2008, 2009, 2010) … Two-time All-Cincinnati by the Cincinnati Enquirer (2009, 2010).
Liz McMahon Bio
- Ranked the No. 3 recruit in the nation by PrepVolleyball.com.
- Multi-year performer in the USA Volleyball ladder system.
- In 2010, led the American team in kills (3.45 per set) in helping the U.S. to a sliver medal at the Youth Olympic Games in Singapore.
- Played opposite, appearing in all 13 sets for the USA Junior National Team’s gold medal run at the NORCECA Women’s Junior Continental Championships.
- Competed at the High Performance Championships in both 2008 and 2009, playing on the A2 Red Team that placed second in 2008 in Tucson, Ariz..
- Was a member of the USA Youth National Training Team.
- Was a regular on the Team Club Z for six years, leading Team Z 16 Orange to the Junior Volleyball Association National Championships in 2009 and Team Z 15 Orange to third place at the JVDA Championship in 2008.
- Two-time national championship all-tournament team representative.
- AAU All-American.
- At Lakota West, was a two-time first-team All-Greater Miami Conference performer, pacing the Firebirds in kills with over 300 each of the past seasons, hitting .761 as a sophomore, .693 as a freshman, .590 as a junior and .500 as a senior.
- Lakota West won the GMC Conference in 2010 and advanced to the elite eight in state tournament.
- Holds record for most career kills in Lakota West history (1,086).
- Suffered an elbow injury during her senior season and did not play until the last month of the season.
- Named to the high honor roll.